Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Communication is bullshit

Whats the point of trying to communicate your feelings?

You try to tell the person your feelings. And then what? DO you expect them to sympathize with what you're going through? To empathize and understand? To be happy for you? To try to fix it? Seriously.. What is the point of communication between couples?

I find myself asking that question one time too often. I've got a gazillion thoughts running through my head every day, and half of them are about you. But should I tell you about them, would it help us grow, what would these sharing of thoughts and feelings do for us?

Nothing.

Its the sad truth. No relationship should, and would withstand complete honesty. And Im not even trying to be "completely" honest here. Whats the point of saying something that won't mean anything, or affect the relationship in a good way?

Yes, I'm mad about this.
Yes, I'm angry about how irresponsible you are. 
Yes, I wish you would change and understand how much your words mean to me..
Yes, I take your words very seriously and I hope you see that.

But then again, I should not expect anyone to change for me, no? So whats the point? whats the point really of communicating my "needs"? 

I always tell my friends. "You should make sure he knows how you feel". I guess I'm a hypocrite in this way. At this point, I don't see the point for that really. I'm learning to love the person for who he is, and its up to me to live with this. If it doesn't suit you, leave. 

Is this how most relationship end? I think so. 

But what can I do? Nothing much. 

1 comment: