Monday, January 11, 2016

2016

10 days into the new year, and I am yet to grasp the fact that I turn 26 this year.
(Reciting "Age is but a number" over and over in my head..)
Being a mid-twenties "adult" has so far been a fun, interesting, liberating, and interesting experience.
This year, I want to pick up writing again.
Yes, I need to improve on my academic writing,
but at the same time I want to make sure I don't forget my passion for free-writing.
Plus, it is always fun to look back and see what a stupid fool I was haha.

This is a little late but I thought I should recap my 2015.
They say 25 years old is ht prime-time and one of the best years of a woman's life.
Looking back, I can't agree more!
Sometimes we get so caught up in unfulfilled needs and unmet goals (i.e. I am still overweight) that we forget to stop and count the blessings.
So here goes:

January: We traveled to Utah. First real trip as a couple. He got to know the girls. And the girls loved him. Flew first class. Had unlimited drinks. All in all a good trip.

February: Nothing much that stands out. Does not mean it wasn't a good month. Had Kokoro for Valentine's Day, something that may turn out to be a luxury given our living situation now.

March: My first real conference in the States. SRCD, first time on the east coast and SPRING BREAK with the girls. Vegas and SF and surfing and all that good stuff.

April: My birthday month! First birthday trip as a couple to Catalina! Hopefully we get to do this every year!

May: Celebrated our 2nd year anniversary. 2 years with the love of my life.

June: Crazy month of change! Moving, transitioning, spending time with Ally, Yosemite, coding, living apart for a while, bed bugs, and all the jazz. Craziest month of the year I would say!

July: First 4th of July celebration! And then flying with him back home and spending time with the family. Pure bliss.

Aug: Got back.. And starting to get used to living together.. For reals. In Merced! Lol.

Sept: His birthday month! And a really crazy month for school.

October: PORTLAND! And getting used to him starting work at the end of the month.

November: Thanksgiving. And almost wrapping up the semester.

December: News about my first fellowship and first poster acceptance! Happy times with cohort and school mates. Even better time with family. And of course, SEATTLE!

Woah.

I had a good year, don't you think? And somewhere along the way, we had crazy fights (but made up), talked about babies and family and wedding (more seriously), I managed to be tentative first author on a theoretical paper, and got closer to the family (if possible).

Also, I'm starting to see changes to my body. Slowly (given my fat-assness) but surely.

God is good. And I'm really excited to see what the future holds. I'm ready for you 2016!


No comments:

Post a Comment