Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Of midterms, celeries and sunsets


Done with midterm!
Say yay say yay!
*turns head and looks at to-do-list*
.
.
.
.
.
.
Oh wells, maybe it's a bit too early for celebrations yet.

But things have slowly gotten into routine, damn well they should.
Life here is.. simple.
Eat, sleep, study, study more, skype, occasional swim, study some more.
They say I should go out more, but where?
Yet to be familiarized with the bus system here (which is super complicated and inconvenient btw so its not really my fault..)

Still, despite the mundane simple life so far, I'm surprised how I'm still discovering new things everyday.
Small little things.
Trivial stuff.

Like today we used "scantron", the answer sheet for multiple-choice questions.
It's exactly like the one we used in PMR/SPM, except that here,
we're supposed to buy it on our own. Like a note pad or something.

And like how yesterday I realized I actually like celery!
I hated it previously, just so you know.


We have winter break coming up, holiday for more than a month.
Dad was asking me whether I wanted to go home..
The simple, impulsive answer was Yes! Like duh..
But then,
I firmly said no.

First, because it's super expensive!
Holiday season lehh!
But most importantly, because I'm scared.
To go home and go through the "I'm leaving" process again.
Honestly, I know I'm not emotionally prepared to go through the whole turmoil and crying fits again.
>.<

So yea,
California you be good to me okay?
Make me love you more la,
so I can confidently go home one day knowing that I will want to come back here!

If California had a voice she would be saying:
"I'm so loveable ok? You just need to drag your lazy ass out of your room!"

...I think I better stop here.
Or I'll start a full-fledged monologue with myself.

Ending with a beautiful sunset shot, at campus today.



2 comments: