Monday, October 1, 2012

Thinking emotionally. Emotionally thinking

Our physical brain evolves from the formation of the brain stem.
In case you've returned all knowledge of biology to your respective teachers,
let me just recap quickly on what the brain stem does. 

The brain stem is responsible for regulating bodily functions vital for survival.
These processes are usually something we're unaware of,
such as the pumping of the heart.

Now that we've established the foundation of our brain, what comes next?
The limbic system!
The limbic system is said to be largely responsible for our emotions, feelings, moods and temperaments.
And then we have the neo-cortex, where all our higher functions come into place.

Did you know that the term homosapiens literally translates to thinking individuals?

So anyway, what's my main point?
I know I know I'm getting there.
Patience!!

Today I read an article that says we evolved from having the brain stem, then the limbic system, and then the cortex.

In other words, our emotions come before thoughts. 

As humans,
we like to be rational.
We like to think we know what we're doing,
but yet most of the time,
mama got it right all along:
Listen to your heart baby, listen to what your heart tells you!



Errrr..
Of cos, by heart I don't mean the physical pumping heart,
more like the metaphor of it: your feelings!

I'm somewhat perplexed.
Like, from young we were taught to analyze and think rationally and logically.
Never were we educated on the importance of emotions!
I felt like I was cheated. Haha. 

So anyway,
I am here to remind you to listen to your heart people!
The term homosapien does not even come close to describing who we really are,
and what we can potentially be.

Acknowledge your emotions as they are,
if you're happy, let the joyous moment roll,
and if you're sad, let the tears flow!
Denying their existence only leads to negative consequences.

So...
If love is what you're feeling right now, go for it babe!
And if confusion is taking place, take a step back and assess how you really feel about it!

This post is inspired in part by my interesting reading,
and a little situation that came up unexpectedly last Friday night. 
*It's not what you think it is*

Anyway, keep your emotions in check and have a happy week ahead! 

My pretty smile just in case you need something to arouse your happy emotions! LOLOL


And also my "act-surprised/distressed/shocked" face just in case you find this slightly more amusing.


Oh my, I'm so vain.
Lalalala~

Back to work! 
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment