Monday, May 28, 2012

Been there done that... but with who?

Been there, done that.
These four words can accurately depict my relationship with Taipei.
The thing is,
I am a huge fan of familiarity.
(Ok fine, I'm scared of novelty)

And the second thing is,
I love Taipei.
I love the culture, the food, the people.

My comfort zone would be Xi Men Ding.
It's this two big squares that house most of my wonderful memories.
Painful, some. (Worth remembering nevertheless)
But beautiful, most of it.

My first trip to Taipei, in 2009.
This was taken in Wu Fen Pu.
One of the most eventful, yet heartbreaking trips I ever had.
Emotionally torturing, a huge roller coaster ride really.
But I'm glad that happened..
ALL of it :)


Second time in Taipei, November 2010.
Was quite apprehensive considering the not-so-good memories from 2009.
It was quite an open wound still.. And I was worried.
This was the first time traveling in four with the loves.
And boy, it was more than just fun <3
Negative memories be damned! This trip rewrote everything I knew and felt and remembered about Taipei.
Taken in Xi Men Ding.
(p/s: We changed alot since then haven't we? LOL)



And then the never-ever-thought-it-would-really-happen trip, in 2011.
This should go down in history, really it should!
Taken in the hotel room. One of the rare group pics that has ALL of us in it.
I love you all so much, need I say more?
<3 <3 <3



You see, the thing with Taipei is that each and every trip,
without fail,
folds itself into this tiny pocket bursting with emotions,
and nestles itself comfortably in my bag of memories.
And one might say that I have since visited this place so many times,
but yet each time it brings with it a meaningful surprise.

It's more than just the food, the people or the culture.
Its the company that matters.

Leaving for Taipei again this Thursday.
What will it bring this time?

Wait for it!

Cos' I am too..

No comments:

Post a Comment