Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Turn a deaf ear



Her sorrows came as a surprise, yet all too familiar.
The same helplessness, anxiety, confusion.
The same annoyance, and most importantly,
the same fear.

We fear what we cannot control.
We fear the uncertainty.
We fear novelty.

I grew up caring too much what others would think about me,
then again, how can I not?
Try as I might,
I cannot say this is a thing of the past,
for I still put too much weight on what other's think of me.
I'm guilty, and so very stuck.

And thus the quest to perfect one's own self.
To fine tune all the little things,
to make sure there is nothing left to be talked about.
We naively think perfection forms the perfect shield.

But alas,
the tongues do not cease.
And that was my turning point,
I realized I could never NEVER ever please everyone.
However hard I might try to work towards perfection,
people talk.
Like it or not.

It's a process, really.
A growing process. 
One without an end.
The thing is,
not everything everyone says are meant to condemn.
Sometimes,
people say things they do not mean.
Sometimes,
people do things out of good intentions,
but end up with negative consequences.

There are too many variables in this equation.
And there is only so much one can do.

Stand strong.
Stay firm.
Know what you want.
Stay true to yourself.
At least, these were the things that led me through.

When faced with problems, fight the urge to give in.
Think thoroughly, and decide for yourself.

If you think the pressure's too much, you can always give in,
if that is what you want.
If conforming to the norm is your cup of tea,
by all means,
do it if it makes you happy!

But is this what you really want?


Darlings, we live for ourselves and no one else.


What did you just say again?












No comments:

Post a Comment