Thursday, May 3, 2012

Us as Mortals

Photobucket

We all find life overwhelming, at one point or another.
Sometimes you read about death and mortality and all kinds of misfortune,
and then you're grateful for every single breath you take.
Then you remember the pain, the hardship, the difficult, lonely times,
and you wish you're dead again.
Or never born.

What has all this pain got to do in my life, you think?
I know it makes me a tougher person,
but then doesn't it robs me of all my innocence as well?
How am I suppose to laugh and talk and smile freely again,
when I am now aware of how negative, judgmental and ugly the world can be? 

Why can't I be like him?
Rich, wealthy, smart, carefree.
Or like her?
Pretty, skinny, popular, happy. 
Do we not all wish we were someone else, at some point in life?

And do we not ALL know how silly and unhealthy these thought can be.
How positive thinking should drive our course of life,
how happy thoughts can bring us further, how we should live life to the fullest and not look back.
How we should NOT thinking about "these things" and focus instead on bringing out the positivism of life. 
Hah!

The thing we never do realize, 
or perhaps selectively ignore is, the fact that
pain, fear, disappointment, and all this heart-wrenching moments are all part and parcel of life. 
When we laugh, we make room for our hearts to weep.
When there is fear, there is also room for empowerment and growth.

And when we fall, there is when we get up and rise higher. 



No comments:

Post a Comment